Tuesday, March 18

Grier Signs Extension With USD


SAN DIEGO (Ticker) -- San Diego coach Bill Grier signed a contract extension, the school announced Tuesday. Terms were not disclosed, but it has been deemed a multi-year addition to the contract he inked in March 2007.
Grier, who is in his first year in San Diego, has the Toreros seeded 13th in the NCAA Tournament's West Region, facing off against fourth-seeded Connecticut on Friday. "We are excited with the job Bill Grier and his whole staff have done this year," San Diego athletic director Ky Snyder said. "We are happy to reach an agreement on an extension."
The Toreros (21-13) upset Gonzaga en route to the West Coast Conference tournament title, building on one of the best seasons in school history and earning an automatic bid into the NCAA Tournament.
"I'm very appreciative of the opportunity here," Grier said. "I feel very blessed to be here. I'm equally appreciative of how the school has helped our staff and how everyone welcomed me and my family. "I'm certainly excited about our future here, and hopefully, we can build off of this season."