Saturday, February 9

Herron Atop Pebble Beach Leaderboad


PEBBLE BEACH, California (Ticker) -- Tim Herron has a one-shot lead after Friday's second round of the Pebble Beach National Pro-Am. Herron was among five players tied for the lead at one point Friday and managed to come out on top after a round of 3-under-par 69.

At 7-under 137, Herron leads a group of four players by one shot. Robert Floyd, Michael Allen, J.B. Holmes and Nicholas Thompson are all tied at 6-under 138. Herron started his round at Poppy Hills on No. 10 with a birdie. He bogeyed 17 and finished his first nine holes with a birdie at 18. Herron birdied two of his final four holes to finish the round, including No. 9. "I hit it fine and I drove it good," Herron said. "I've hit a lot of greens this week and made one bogey, and the bogey I made was a three-putt."